Lit from Within: Matte Preppy Stripes
-->

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Matte Preppy Stripes

Hello, Fireflies!

I didn't think I had a thing for matte polishes, really.  Then, the Leather collex from Sinful Colors came out, and I'm in love with them all.

This one is probably my fave:  Strapped.  Awesome sea-green jelly matte.  Like, whoa.

Sinful Colors Strapped

It can be a little tricky doing nail art with mattes, because they dry really fast.  I've used Sinful Colors Cold Leather in a wide stripe over Strapped, and you can see where some of the stripes get a little thick.

Sinful Colors Cold Leather in a wide stripe over Strapped

The magic of a nice, thick, glossy topcoat like Seche Vite is that it blends out some of the texture, and all you see now is a glossy blue stripe.

Seche Vite blends out some of the texture, and all you see now is a glossy blue stripe

The white stripes around the blue just make me think of my 'preppy' days back in high school, with the popped collars on my polo shirts.


Bottle shot:  Sinful Colors Strapped and Cold Leather, and a white striper.

Bottle shot:  Sinful Colors Strapped and Cold Leather, and a white striper.

Matte, or glossy?  Punk or Preppy?

2 comments:

  1. Very cute final mani. I picked up a few of those mattes too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was really worried that it wouldn't come together because the texture was so weird. But, that's the wonder of a nice, thick, glossy topcoat! And, probably why so many polish lovers are always looking for that perfect Holy Grail topcoat, too!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...