Lit from Within: These Swirls Will Rock You
-->

Saturday, October 12, 2013

These Swirls Will Rock You

Hello, Fireflies!

I have another of Darling Diva Polish's Queen collection for you today:  We Will Rock You.



Is there anyone who hasn't heard at least some rendition of this song?  As a member of the marching band in high school and college, I know I've played snippets innumerable times.

But you haven't seen too many polishes like this one!

Darling Diva Polish We Will Rock You

Another stunning multichrome holo polish.  Blue! Purple! Teal! Green!

Another stunning multichrome holo polish

Wow.


I saw this design on Pinterest that apparently was done by a nail artist for a client, but there was no identifying information.  I liked it, though, and wanted to do my own version.  I used a neon blue Color Club (when are they going to start putting labels on their bottles? Please?) to make an asymmetrical hill on my tips.

I used a neon blue Color Club to make an asymmetrical hill on my tips.

I used a black nail art striper to make some swirls, and then highlighted with a silver glitter nail art striper.

I used a black nail art striper to make some swirls

At some angles, We Will Rock You is more blue, but at others, a bright purple!


I love the color shift in this polish, especially how it plays off the neon blue.

I love the color shift in this polish, especially how it plays off the neon blue

I loved it so much, I did the other hand and went out on the town. It was harder to do the swirls with my left hand, but in Real Life, no one really notices that they're not exactly the same. As an added bonus, the swirling lines take attention away from the length of my nubs, and if there are any differences in length.

the swirling lines take attention away from the length of my nubs

Bottle shot:  Darling Diva Polish We Will Rock You, Color Club Neon Blue, Milani nail art striper in silver glitter, and black nail art striper.

Bottle shot:  Darling Diva Polish We Will Rock You, Color Club Neon Blue, Milani nail art striper in silver glitter, and black nail art striper.

Unfortunately, We Will Rock You was an LE, and it seems the store of pigment needed to make it has run out.  At this time, I don't know if any more of this polish will be made. Some of the Queen collex are not LE, however, so check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...